How to use the PE and Sport Premium:
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- Ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, you can use your funding to:
- Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- Provide existing staff with training, mentoring and resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively.
- Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport and physical activities
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- Enter or run more sport competitions
- Increase pupils’ participation in the School Games creating a pathway for the London Youth Games.
- Run sports activities with other schools or companies.